Patrick is a Partner and Head of the Litigation Department, Petersfield Office. He is also head of the firm’s Revenue strategy planning and implementation.
Patrick handles all aspects of Civil and Commercial Litigation. He has particular expertise in dealing with Property Litigation matters, including Boundary and Land disputes, as well as Commercial and Residential Landlord and Tenant disputes.
He has acted for clients in a range of Contested Trust and Probate disputes, including successfully bringing Inheritance Act claims for clients against estates of all sizes, ranging from the more modest to multi-million pound estates.
Patrick also has significant experience of advising clients in respect of Professional Negligence claims.
Patrick has successfully represented clients in Court proceedings at all levels, ranging from the County Court to the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
Memberships & Associations
Patrick is a member of the Property Litigation Association and the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association. He is also a Member of ACTAPS, which recognises his experience as a practitioner in the specialist field of contentious trust and probate disputes.
Patrick is also a member of the Hampshire Incorporated Laws Society (‘HILS’).
University of Leeds. BA in History.
Training contract with Walker Morris in Leeds where qualified into the firm’s Litigation Department.
Patrick joined MacDonald Oates in 2005.
T: 01730 268 211
Position: Partner, Head of Litigation Department and Head of Revenue
Qualifications: Member of Property Litigation Association and Professional Negligence Lawyers Association and Associate Member of ACTAPS
- Challenging a deathbed will, 05 Aug 2019 in Legal Updates&Litigation
- ‘Reap what you sow’ – proprietary estoppel in a farming context, 29 Apr 2019 in Legal Updates&Litigation
- How to avoid a dispute arising from bailment, 02 Apr 2019 in Legal Updates&Litigation
- Beware B&B, 01 Oct 2018 in Legal Updates&Litigation
- Has Japanese knotweed from neighbouring land spread to your property? If so, you could be entitled to compensation, 06 Aug 2018 in Legal Updates&Litigation
- Mallorca challenge for MacDonald Oates’ cycle team, 24 May 2017 in Events&Sponsorship
- Will drafting – the importance of getting it right, 09 Mar 2017 in Litigation&Wills
- New Joiners – Further Expansion at MacDonald Oates, 29 Mar 2016 in Residential Property
- Will drafting – the importance of getting it right, 02 Nov 2015 in Announcements&Legal Updates
- Landlord Seminar with Williams of Petersfield, 03 Sep 2015 in Announcements&Events&Uncategorized