Tim is a Partner and head of the firm’s Family department.
Tim is a specialist in family law and has considerable experience in that area including divorce, civil partnership dissolution, finances, children issues, unmarried couples and pre and post nuptial agreements. He has a particular specialism in advising clients on domestic violence and abuse/stalking cases.
Tim undertook his Training Contract with Woodford & Ackroyd (who later became Trethowan Woodford) and joined MacDonald Oates LLP in 1998 where he became a Partner in 2003.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Tim is a Resolution trained Collaborative Lawyer and Family Law Arbitrator.
Professional accreditations and memberships : Tim is a member of the Law Society Advanced Family Law Panel and a Resolution Accredited Specialist in domestic abuse and complex financial remedies.
Tim is a member of Resolution and a Resolution Collaborative Lawyer. He is also an IFLA approved Family Law Arbitrator, one of the first groups of solicitors to undertake this training.
Tim is also a member and former Chair of the East Hampshire Independent Domestic Violence and Abuse Forum. He has won awards from Victim Support for his work with victims and witnesses.
In his spare time Tim enjoys science fiction, films, writing, martial arts and spends time keeping up with 2 Labradors. He is a member of the Rotary Club of Midhurst and Petworth.
..”Mr Melville-Walker was a pleasure to work with, listening to my concerns and wishes whilst offering sound counsel throughout, resulting in a harmonious settlement. I will have no hesitation in recommending your firm to friends and family”
T: 01730 816711
Position: Partner and Head of Family Law
Qualifications: The Law Society Family Law Advanced Panel, Resolution accredited specialist, Resolution trained Collaborative Lawyer and IFLA approved Family Law Arbitrator.
Expertise: Family Law
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Google+
- Pension Attachment Orders – New Rules Bringing New Opportunities and New Threats, 24 Jan 2018 in family&Legal Updates
- Cohabitation Awareness Week, 30 Nov 2017 in family
- How do you get your spouse or partner out of the house if you split up?, 22 May 2017 in family&Legal Updates
- Stalking and Domestic Abuse – a problem that can be solved, 31 Oct 2016 in family
- Finding the right Family lawyer, 20 Apr 2016 in Announcements&family
- New members of the family law department, 21 Mar 2016 in Announcements&family
- Death and Divorce….. and Taxes, 18 Jan 2016 in family&Legal Updates
- Giving Money to the Children, 08 Jul 2014 in Legal Updates
- Family Law Reform – The Biggest Change in a Generation, 25 Apr 2014 in Legal Updates
- Arbitration: a real alternative to the Courts for Family Law matters, 23 Jan 2014 in Announcements&Legal Updates