Tim is a Partner and head of the firm’s Family department.
Tim is a specialist in family law and has considerable experience in that area including divorce, civil partnership dissolution, finances, children issues, unmarried couples and pre and post nuptial agreements. He has a particular specialism in advising clients on domestic violence and abuse/stalking cases.
Tim undertook his Training Contract with Woodford & Ackroyd (who later became Trethowan Woodford) and joined MacDonald Oates LLP in 1998 where he became a Partner in 2003.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Tim is a Resolution trained Collaborative Lawyer and Family Law Arbitrator.
Tim is a member of Resolution and a Resolution Collaborative Lawyer. He is also an IFLA approved Family Law Arbitrator, one of the first groups of solicitors to undertake this training.
Tim is also a member and former Chair of the East Hampshire Independent Domestic Violence and Abuse Forum. He has won awards from Victim Support for his work with victims and witnesses.
Tim has been a member of the Law Society Family Panel, the Law Society Family Advanced Panel and a Resolution Accredited Specialist.
Tim was appointed a Deputy District Judge in 2019. He says ” having experience of both sides of the Court process is invaluable”.
In his spare time Tim enjoys science fiction, films, writing, martial arts and spends time keeping up with 2 Labradors. He is a member of the Rotary Club of Midhurst and Petworth.
..”Mr Melville-Walker was a pleasure to work with, listening to my concerns and wishes whilst offering sound counsel throughout, resulting in a harmonious settlement. I will have no hesitation in recommending your firm to friends and family”
“Very professional and highly qualified – Tim really knows his stuff ”
T: 01730 816711
Position: Partner and Head of Family Law
Qualifications: IFLA approved Family Law Arbitrator.
Expertise: Family Law
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Google+
- Can you be forced to remain married when you want to be divorced?, 25 Jul 2018 in family
- End of “Meal Tickets for Life” in Divorce, 19 Jul 2018 in family&Legal Updates
- Online divorce now available, 09 May 2018 in family&Legal Updates
- Woman imprisoned for 7½ years for torturing and starving her boyfriend, 25 Apr 2018 in family&Legal Updates
- The end of “Meal Ticket” divorce settlements, 16 Apr 2018 in family&Legal Updates
- Pension Attachment Orders – New Rules Bringing New Opportunities and New Threats, 24 Jan 2018 in family&Legal Updates
- Cohabitation Awareness Week, 30 Nov 2017 in family
- How do you get your spouse or partner out of the house if you split up?, 22 May 2017 in family&Legal Updates
- Stalking and Domestic Abuse – a problem that can be solved, 31 Oct 2016 in family
- Finding the right Family lawyer, 20 Apr 2016 in Announcements&family