Employment Law services for Businesses
As a business, dealing with the amount of employment law and regulation can be daunting but with our many years of experience, specifically in employment law, we can help you manage this in the following ways:
- Defending and advising on tribunal litigation in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal – we have many years of experience in the employment tribunals, having instructed Counsel and undertaken the advocacy ourselves at single and multiple day hearings. This experience proves invaluable when advising you on the merits of any defence but also when undertaking the necessary preparation for tribunal litigation.
- Discrimination in the workplace – we have substantial experience advising employers and employees alike on the Equality Act and claims of discrimination, with a particular expertise in sex/maternity discrimination.
- Disciplinary Procedures and Grievances – we can assist you with your disciplinary and grievance matters, advising you on process and helping you as much or as little as you require. Our advice can always be tailored to your needs.
- Managing performance issues and long term sick absences – we have considerable experience dealing with these common but often complicated, time consuming issues. We can help you take control and manage the situation to ensure the business is not placed at risk.
- Contracts of employment and Policies – we can draft, or audit, your contracts and policies to ensure your documentation is up-to-date and protecting your business. For information on a complimentary audit, see our Employment Law Retainer below.
- Negotiate termination packages – otherwise known as Settlement Agreements where an employee agrees to leave the business usually in return for an agreed sum. We can draft Settlement Agreements and facilitate an agreement where necessary. We pride ourselves on our prompt service and we find we can usually achieve settlement quickly and efficiently which benefits both parties. We also have experience of negotiating Settlement Agreements for Directors where shares are involved too.
- Restrictive Covenants and Confidentiality – we can help you protect your business when key employee’s leave your business by, for example, seeking injunctions where necessary. We can also draft restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements.
- Business change – we can help you with changes to terms and conditions, redundancy, re-organisation and any advice required on a sale or purchase of a business including TUPE.
- Training and updates – we can deliver tailored training sessions on employment law topics of your choice to ensure your managers or HR personnel feel confident when faced with issues in the workplace. We often deliver such seminars and training and receive excellent feedback.
- Workplace Mediation – we have a specialist, trained Workplace Mediator who can come into your business as an independent mediator and help resolve internal disputes saving time, stress and money. For more information click here or contact Linda Wilson at linda.Wilson@macdonaldoates.co.uk
Would you like continued support on HR and employment matters without having to consider the cost? If yes, then perhaps our Employment Law Retainer will suit your business. This is a fixed cost retainer where your business would be able to access employment law advice on all day to day matters. We can tailor our services to meet your business needs so please do feel free to discuss your business requirements with us. For more details please click here.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help you, please either send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call on 01730 268211.
For more helpful information, please look under our news items for legal updates, or below at our table on the current compensation limits and other information.