James is a Partner based at the Midhurst office James is also Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for overseeing the management of the firm.
James is also the firm’s Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (“COLP”) and is responsible for all areas of compliance in the firm.
As Head of the Wills, Probate and Trusts Department James advises on inheritance tax planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney and applications to the Court of Protection.
James grew up in the Midhurst area and went to school in Midhurst. He attended the University of Durham where he obtained a BSc in Mathematics. He subsequently attended the University of Westminster where he obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice with Distinction.
He trained at MacDonald Oates and was admitted as a solicitor in 1997, becoming a Partner in 2001.
James passed the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Diploma for England and Wales (Trusts and Estates) with Distinction.
James is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
In his spare time James enjoys horse riding and good food. He is also company secretary of the community-owned Kirdford Village Stores.
T: 01730 816711
Position: Partner, CEO and Head of Wills, Probate and Trusts Department
Qualifications: Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Expertise: Wills, Probate & Trusts
- Probate fees are increasing significantly – what do you need to know?, 07 Nov 2018 in Legal Updates
- How to choose an executor to administer your estate when you die, 08 Oct 2018 in Legal Updates&Probate and Trusts&Wills
- Living Wills, 29 Nov 2017 in Legal Updates&Wills
- Solicitors for the Elderly – Award Success, 22 May 2015 in Announcements
- Why you must write a Will, 26 Feb 2015 in Legal Updates
- Make sure your will isn’t a turkey. Bernard Matthews’ estate in High Court case., 07 Sep 2012 in Announcements&Legal Updates