Linda is a Partner and Head of the firm’s Employment department. She is based in the Petersfield office.
Linda is also an Accredited Workplace Mediator and is able to act as an accredited mediator to help solve workplace disputes before they escalate into Tribunal litigation.
Linda is an employment law specialist. She deals with all aspects of employment law and has particular experience:
- dealing with tribunal cases and representing her clients at the Employment Tribunal as an advocate;
- guiding clients through difficult disciplinary and grievance matters, including those with complex discrimination issues
- advising on TUPE and corporate transaction;
- issues of maternity and pregnancy discrimination;
- advising on restrictive covenants;
- drafting and advising on Consultancy Agreements;
- negotiating and drafting Settlement Agreements and assisting with pre-termination discussions;
- advising on long-term illness, disability and performance issues;
- advising clients on redundancy procedures;
- workplace mediation; and
- providing training and seminars for clients.
Linda is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Hampshire Incorporated
Law Society. She is also an Accredited Workplace Mediator.
Linda qualified as an employment solicitor at Blake Lapthorn (now Blake Morgan) solicitors in 2005 and joined MacDonald Oates in 2012.
Linda enjoys running or going for a walk in the countryside and spending time with family and friends.
She likes to support her local community and is a school Governor and Chairman of the Denmead Business Club.
“On a number of occasions I have had a requirement for employment law advice and have consulted Linda Wilson at Macdonald Oates. On every occasion Linda has helped me navigate the complexities of the employment law system in a methodical manner, which was easy to understand and deliver within my business. Linda has an extremely nice manner and the ability to understand my requirements very quickly, providing a first class service, one I would not hesitate to recommend.”
“[The Company] has worked with Linda Wilson for many years in the delivery of employment law seminars to our clients and more recently I signed the business into an employment law retainer. Under this agreement, Linda gives us unlimited employment law advice, a health check of all our policies and procedures and our relationship with Linda has been a mutually positive one. Fortunately I have only had to refer one significant matter to Linda and I was thoroughly confident in her advice. It’s wonderful to work with a partner who is highly knowledgeable and, most importantly, down to earth.”
“Thank you to Linda Wilson. She has been dealing with my case. I came to her …. really distressed and in need of help. Her professionalism and support was second to none, straight away I felt completely at ease with her and confident she would be able to represent me in my unfair dismissal case. All the way through she kept me fully informed and feeling that I could trust her to ensure that the outcome of my case would be sorted as quickly as possible with little stress to me. I came to MacDonald Oates on a recommendation …. and I’m really pleased I did.”
T: 01730 268211
Position: Partner and Head of Employment
Qualifications: LLB Law (Hons) and Accredited Workplace Mediator
Expertise: Employment Law and HR advice
- The tricky relationship between sick leave and holidays, 05 Dec 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates
- Yet another ‘status’ case…, 15 Nov 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates
- Importance of procedure, 01 Nov 2018 in Legal Updates
- Disability discrimination: knowledge of the employer, 20 Sep 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates
- Philosophical belief under the Equality Act, 20 Aug 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates
- Got a new employee and need a contract of employment? Use our Starter Pack, 09 Aug 2018 in Announcements&Employment
- Sexual harassment claims: employers should be prepared, 05 Jul 2018 in Employment
- Supreme Court decides on Pimlico Plumber case, 13 Jun 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates
- Are you GDPR ready?, 10 May 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates
- Update on Shared Parental Leave case, 19 Apr 2018 in Employment&Legal Updates